Author Archives: Ankur Mudgal
“Work is worship”, I don’t know who said it. But the person said something which changed the life of millions around the world.By attaching ourselves to the law of karma ( Hindi term which means our doings). We can truly maintain better system of living which will be destined towards our development by professing rules of karma in our life.
Lord Krishna in “Geeta” (Spiritual Hindi text book) while designating his words to Arjuna his favorite archer and friend said to, Dear Arjun “Karm kar phal ki icha nahi kar” means (Arjun do the needful which is required and don’t expect the outcome).
What does he exactly meant by saying these words to Arjun ?
Though it’s very simple logic, you don’t expect the outcome of the work before hand, keep doing the required which is desired, expected or needed.The outcome will be there for you for sure.
Life for People including some great Personalities like Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Licoln, John kennedy, Mother Terresa had some objectives. No matter how much they needed to sacrifice to achieve them, they never backed out any single time.
The lifestyle of the people in today’s world is becoming too very leisure seeking. Everybody is running after the materialistic world . A Person position in the society is more regarded in terms of his monetary strength. Too much of desires are there for a person to fulfill . I am not saying that having desires regarding things of this world is bad or being rich and striving towards acquiring strong monetary strength is wrong .
However I am trying to stress on the too much factor and wrong, unethical and illegal means to acquire it. Man is losing his senses for morality and ethical features. Throughout the world there are cases of Government officials being bribed or Corruption in the various important departments. Crime rate is increasing every single day.
The question is how the rules of karma and self control helps an individual to achieve strength in his work and society as a whole? And what does Miles to go before I sleep mean?
The attachment to karma itself demands you to profess self control in your life. How?
The answer is, once you are devoted towards achievement or attainment of certain goals or objectives in your life, it is highly likely that you will come across deviations, and these deviations just arouse from the attraction towards worldly pleasures and desires. Then it becomes necessary in this status that you must be equipped with weapon of self control to overpower these deviations, the acts of person start tilting towards the materialistic designs, the actual problem arose when in absence of self control, the acts of the person start becoming immoral, unethical and illegal at times for the sake of minting money and fulfilling his desires . That is why corruption is increasing like anything and People are losing faith even in the judiciary in some of the countries including India.
In the age of over 60, Mahatma Gandhi marched miles to the shore for breaking the Law on Salt against the British Government (The incident in the history is famous with the name of Dandi March).When I was reading the auto biography of the Mahatma Gandhi (His book, “My Life”). I came across lot of instances where I felt that the power of will can really overpower the power of body and mind. In the age of over 60, Mahatma Gandhi marched miles which showed the world the power of strong will and mental strength of that character.
The point is that we are lessening down upon our internal strength to fight the evils of this world. The whole life he professed the lifestyle consisting the laws of karma, self control and spirituality. The dedication and devotion towards our work keeps us focused upon our goals to achieve in life. It strengthens the internal mechanism of our body to fight the evils and to overpower the deviations which comes in our way.
In the modern day scenario, where the industrial world is showering its expensive gifts to the society in the form of leisurely living. The attraction of man stays towards acquiring the leisure, pleasure and fulfilling his desires. Self control provides a mechanism in this case to fight the senses and provide a feeling of self satisfaction to required extent. It also monitors our acts and actions towards other beings and keeps away the shadows of negative thoughts entering our mind. Our goals, ambitions and targets stay protected from the infliction of any harm or corrupting acts.
The non expectation of the outcome allows us to stay focused and sticking to our goals in life. I will go miles before i sleep by inculcating the system of life which consists of the rules or Karma, coupling with the mechanism of self control to achieve my objectives by professing white color means and focusing my life towards societal, personal and global development. Are you people ready to join me?
Are you convinced by the thought in the matter?
There can be different other ways .
Never got anything . Crap ! we dont need it .
Sex ,drugs and rock n roll is the best way out .
corruption is right way of living .
Indiatoday is facing a widespread disease in its administrative government functioning known as CORRUPTION. The very prevalence of the disease is due to its nature and strength to influence the human mind. It poses a challenge to the moral, ethical and behavioural conduct of humans.
It has a fascination towards the human social needs and an ability to penetrate through the system quickly which lacks a strong mechanism to fight and curb it. This can threat a country’s dignity and reputation. In spite of all the efforts towards making the government administrative functions free from its spread, it has been receiving overwhelming figures in scams every year. The very question stands, that where is the loophole or if an appropriate antidote has been devised till date to fight the menace? The answer is “yes”, the antidote has been devised long back and it is the Lok Pal Bill. To understand the very functioning and nature of the Lok Pal, one definitely has to go through its base in the Constitution of India and its very nature. Let us have a look at the present and proposed Lok Pal bill of the Civil Society and its difference, also eventual effect upon the system.
• -No politician or senior officer ever goes to jail despite huge evidence because Anti Corruption Branch (ACB) and CBI directly come under the government.
• –Before starting investigation or initiating prosecution in any case, they have to take permission from the same bosses, against whom the case has to be investigated.
• -No corrupt officer is dismissed from the job because Central Vigilance Commission, which is supposed to dismiss corrupt officers, is only an advisory body. Whenever it advises government to dismiss any senior corrupt officer, its advice is never implemented.
• -No action is taken against corrupt judges because permission is required from the Chief Justice of India to even register an FIR against corrupt judges. Nowhere to go – People expose corruption but no action is taken on their complaints.
• -There is so much corruption within CBI and vigilance departments. Their functioning is so secret that it encourages corruption within these agencies.
• -Weak and corrupt people are appointed as heads of anti-corruption agencies. •-Citizens face harassment in government offices. Sometimes they are forced to pay bribes. One can only complaint to senior officers. No action is taken on complaints because senior officers also get their cut.
• –Nothing in law to recover ill gotten wealth. A corrupt person can come out of jail and enjoy that money.
• -Small punishment for corruption- Punishment for corruption is minimum 6 months and maximum 7 years.
SYSTEM PROPOSED BY CIVIL SOCIETY-
• –Lokpal at centre and Lokayukta at state level will be independent bodies. ACB and CBI will be merged into these bodies. They will have power to initiate investigations and prosecution against any officer or politician without needing anyone’s permission
• –Investigation should be completed within 1 year and trial to get over in next 1 year. Within two years, the corrupt should go to jail.
• –Lokpal and Lokayukta will have complete powers to order dismissal of a corrupt officer. CVC and all departmental vigilance will be merged into Lokpal and state vigilance will be merged into Lokayukta.
• –Lokpal & Lokayukta shall have powers to investigate and prosecute any judge without needing anyone’s permission.
• –Lokpal & Lokayukta will have to inquire into and hear every complaint.
• -All investigations in Lokpal & Lokayukta shall be transparent. After completion of investigation, all case records shall be open to public. Complaint against any staff of Lokpal & Lokayukta shall be inquired and punishment announced within two months.
• –Politicians will have absolutely no say in selections of Chairperson and members of Lokpal & Lokayukta. Selections will take place through a transparent and public participatory process.
• –Lokpal & Lokayukta will get public grievances resolved in time bound manner, impose a penalty of Rs 250 per day of delay to be deducted from the salary of guilty officer and award that amount as compensation to the aggrieved citizen.
• -Loss caused to the government due to corruption will be recovered from all accused.
• –Enhanced punishment – The punishment would be minimum 5 years and maximum of life imprisonment.
Now if we make an evaluation of the proposals of the civil society , a very effective bill has been proposed taking into consideration the very nature and aspects of the corruption in the Government administration , the point that has to be noted here are very clearly mentioned in the draft itself , that the bodies like CBI and ACB will be made independent of the government administrative control , hence making them more liberal and free in carrying out the investigation proceedings against the government officials and politicians. Moreover, Lok Pal has been made much more powerful in terms of taking any immediate action after the establishment of the facts against the officer concerned. He has been conferred the powers of their dismissal which is not present in the existing system .Lok Pal can initiate inquiry against judges accused of misconduct/misbehaviour without the consent of the Chief Justice. The investigative proceedings have been kept extremely transparent in nature. It is clearly stated that after the investigations transparency will be maintained and all the records will be made public (also through the website). The selection of the Lok Pal at the centre and the Lok Ayukt at the state level will be transparent and with public participation. With the whole process being transparent and in the public domain, there will be no room for any confidentiality of the matter under investigation and henceforth leaving no room for corruption to take place. Under the new draft proposed by the civil society , specific provisions have been kept for recovery of misappropriated money . The Punishment has also been increased to a minimum of 5 years and max life imprisonment. Therefore, it is pertinent that a strong draft has been prepared and the intentions of the draft makers have been very serious towards curbing corruption in all the areas, i.e. procedure, process and punishment.
I leave it for the readers now to pose questions and queries regarding this and initiate a room for discussion as to which system would be better or rather to say that which antidote will work much effectively.
AUTHOR : Ankur Mudgal
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org